Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Baby Girl is 3!

Cassidy's Birth Story

(Her recent pic is first, sorry. Just do a comparison :) )

Cassidy was an unexpected surprise. I had gotten off my birth control pills because I wanted to see if getting pregnant would be an issue, so that way we could save up money for fertility drugs if needed. Well, a month later, I had missed my period. I thought it was due to stress because it was the week before Christmas, and my class was driving me nuts! I also had found it weird crying to Law and Order and The Princess Diaries 2. I took a pregnancy test, and it came back positive! I was in tears! We were barely making ends meet with the two of us! I took 2 more tests just to be sure-I was!

I was due August 24th. I had worked out wholeheartedly throughout the pregnancy-hardly any morning sickness. The last month, I got put on bedrest because of high blood pressure-I think I ran out of room for her (happened when my mom gave birth to me). The 19th, my doctor tried to break my water-apparently it was made of steel. So, I was going to be induced that Monday the 22nd. I told my DH that we would just camp out at my parents' house over the weekend since they lived closer to the hospital in case something happened. So, I was at my parents' and my DH just got back from getting our bags. About 9pm, I headed to the hospital.

We got there, and first-I had a broken wheelchair-I had metal bars rubbing against my skin, trying to close on me. Then, after we got a new wheelchair, we were about to go on the elevator when the power went off! My mom wanted me to climb up the stairs-uh no! Finally it was safe to use the elevator. Went to triage and was admitted (finally after all the times of visiting with my bp and never being admitted). The epidural went fine (unlike Colton's), but the nurse kept making me flip over because of my bp. When this happened, I lost the numbness in my left leg, so I had to get 3 more administrations of epidural-I couldn't get up and walk really until I got discharged. My DH was sleeping like a rock-I was up for the most part because I was excited-I did not know I was having a girl because Cassidy wouldn't cooperate for the sonograms. Anyways, I started pushing around 6:30-2 hours later, she comes! I made them show me her parts so I would know I had a girl! I couldn't hold her right away because she had meconium, so they had to suction her out. Did I mention my mom was saying, "I see the head" for 2 hours straight? I was like, " I hope there's a body to go with it!"

I got my little girl. Cassidy TatiaƱa King was born Saturday, August 20, 2005 at 8:36 am. She was 8 lbs 7 oz and 20 1/2" long. Hard to believe she's 3. Seems like yesterday...







2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Wow! What an ordeal. At least the majority of the pregnancy was easy! She was a beautiful newborn! (not that she's not still beautiful) They grow so fast, don't they?!

Lisa said...

What a great story!!!!!