Thursday, November 12, 2009

ER Visit

The joys of having a boy. Colton was playing with a hula hoop at school. Since he has no legs and is somewhat top heavy, he trips on the hula hoop and lands on his head on the carpet. His teacher said she felt the floor rattle when he hit. He had a nice carpet burn on his forehead. They told me that his eyes were dilated, had slow response time, and did not react to a light in his eyes. Called the doctor, and they told me to take him to Cook Children's to the ER.

I had to go to the bathroom, and while in there, Colton proceeds to go to the sink, turn it on, and play in the water. I knew he was feeling better-he was back to his annoying self. Dr said it was not a concussion-thank God. Chest sounded clear, ears looked good-saves us another dr visit :)

This visit wasn't as scary as when I had to take Cassidy last May. She had the rotovirus. Any visit to the ER with your child is scary. I always would rather take their place.

No comments: