Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crazy 2011...so far







Wow, where do I start?

Cassidy got strep the week after Christmas.

Winston lost 3 family members in the span of a month.

Coming back from one of the funerals, we lost a battle with a trash can.....

Let me explain: We were told about this family member's funeral last minute, so we had to make a quick trip to Temple. On the way back, we went down a country road we had never been on. No lights whatsoever. We see something in the middle of the road, we try to avoid it, brakes lock, we skid into the other lane and hit another car. The trash can was fine, by the way.

Praising God that no one was seriously hurt.
Praising God for all those that came to help us.
Praising God that we were able to get a new car.
Praising God that He provided beyond what we needed to pay off the Saturn so that we could get rid of some debt.
Praising God for great friends who prayed for us and helped us out through all of this.

Praying for healing for all involved-physical, emotional, mental
Praying for peace
Praying for protection
Praying for financial situations

Sadly, Winston's grandmother lost her battle against Alzheimer's almost 2 weeks ago. We went down for the viewing and funeral. I got to see some pictures of her when she was younger. One, I know where Winston got his curly hair from. Two, Cassidy resembles her a bit :)

And then, DFW gets frozen over....WOW! No school for 4 days! I've loved it! I think with all the craziness we went through in January, being home and trying to get back to "normal" is what we needed. Been nice to stay in pj's all week and get chores done!

No comments: