Monday, January 23, 2012

Moving Out

 Helping Daddy put together the crib
 Colton's tools!
 He is ready for Cooper to move in!
 First time in the crib
 I think he likes it!
Sweet dreams my baby boy

Today was the day that Cooper became Colton's roommate.  Saturday night/Sunday morning, we woke up to Cooper freaking out.  He had rolled on his side and had his arms and legs dangling out of the cradle.  So, at 1:30am, we were hunting for and putting together the playpen.  I had to rock him for an hour to get him to sleep and be content with the playpen.  Fast forward to today.  We finally got the crib put together.  Colton is excited that Cooper finally gets to sleep in his room.  Me, on the other hand, is trying to hold back tears. 

My bedroom seems so empty now that the cradle is out.  I put the cradle together and waited for Cooper to come.  He came, I waited for him to come home from the NICU to sleep in the cradle, and he was by my bedside every night.  I heard every whimper, cry, whine, and coo.  I could lay on the foot of the bed, stick his pacifier back in his mouth, and lay with my hand on his chest to get him back to sleep.  It's going to be so hard not having him in my room anymore.  I think it hurts the worst knowing I probably won't have another baby to do this again.  I wish I could find the pause button on time.  This is going way too fast.  I really believe that the more kids you have, the faster it goes. 

1 comment:

Angela said...

It is going fast! I can't believe he's already in his crib! 'course, I haven't seen him in FOREVER!!! We need to hang...