It has been a long while since I posted! The triplets pregnancy has gone very well, surprising everyone! Well, they decided to make their debut on Thursday, November 7th at 33 weeks, 2 days.
I had gone in for my usual specialist appointment, knowing we were going to start monitoring every visit until they came. Well, one of the twins' heartbeats would drop every now and then, so I was told to go to the hospital for further monitoring. I called Winston, and he was going to go with me. He was supposed to meet me at home...but he was heading towards the hospital without me! My mom drove me to meet up with him, and then we were on our way. We got to maternal observation and began the long monitoring session. Just as the doctor was about to send me home, I started having some back contractions. So, we stayed for more monitoring. Apparently, I was having front contractions, at 1-3 min apart, and was unaware! I had never had front contractions before! I was feeling tightening, which was uncomfortable but not painful! So, I was told I was going to have babies that night.
Of course, I start freaking. That dreaded c-section was coming, and I still was very apprehensive about it. Trying to put in my IV's (yes, two) was no fun. They had to use a sonogram to find my veins. If you see my arms, it looks like I've been beat up, and it's almost been 2 weeks! Then we got rolled down to our recovery room to prep. They took me to the OR without Winston to do my spinal block. I really wanted him there because they had to do several numbing shots and tries to put the needle in my back. They had to use an epidural needle to guide the spinal needle! Not a very good experience. They brought Winston in, and before you knew it, three little boys made their debut, all butt first! They were each whisked away to their own station with several nurses attending to them. I got to see them as they were rolled away in their pods to the NICU.
I didn't get to finally touch them until around 3am in the NICU. That was the hardest thing, to see my three precious boys with all these tubes and wires on them....and so little. But, they are doing great and are fighters!

1 comment:
Yay! an update! :)
Post a Comment