Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm an Aunt!

Well, I officially became an aunt on Wednesday night. Now, my best friends' kids call me Aunt Dee Jay, but this is my first niece by blood. I haven't gotten to see her yet, but I'm so excited to! I haven't wanted to go see her yesterday because I wasn't sure if I was over my stomach bug. I would have been miserable if I was responsible for getting her sick. I'd go during the day, but I have no one to watch the kids. But, I do know that when I see her, I will probably start crying. Why? Well, first, I'll be happy that my BIL and SIL have a beautiful baby girl in their lives. Secondly, I'll probably remember when my two were born and can't believe how fast time as gone. Third, I'm ready for another baby, but I know we can't right now because of finances, and I haven't lost my weight yet. I also need to know what a 6lb baby feels like-mine were so far off!

In the end, I know I will love this little girl like my own. I hope she grows up knowing that her Uncle Winston and Aunt Dee Jay and her cousins are here for her, no matter what.

No comments: