Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Clarification

For the record, I would never send my kids to school sick. I had to deal with that as a teacher. My concern is pulling them out from school to avoid sickness. I have several people telling me that I need to pull them, it's costing me too much money for dr bills and medicine, and to wait to deal with it when they hit kindergarten (thank goodness these people don't know kindergarten is not mandatory in Texas). I want them to build up immunities, and they can't stay in the house forever. My thing is to take all the precautions I can, but it's up to God what happens.

Case in point: Some of you know that I was in the hospital this weekend with pneumonia. Not fun. I think my sinus infection just got out of control and pneumonia happened. Thank God I didn't have the swine flu, regular flu, or anything else with it. This is the first, and hopefully last, time that I ever get this. And, I'm not contagious. These same people have even told me to quit my job because of getting sick. If you don't get sick at school, you'll can get sick at the store, the doctor's office, the park-anywhere!

Maybe it's antiquated thinking. I know some of these illnesses have swamped the news and have caused cases of paranoia. I think we should be careful of our hygiene and such. Stay home when you're sick. Use common sense.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for that clarification. I figured you knew better! hahaha... anyway, I think I won't put Noah in school at least until he's 4, if I don't just wait until kindergarten. So my opinion is, have Cassidy in school but not Colton. Then again, if you're teaching there, what will you do with him? So I don't know. You have a conundrum.

The King Family said...

My mom would watch the kids, as usual. The only reason I took Colton was so that he could learn how to socialize and be away from mommy. I could see him as the runner in kindergarten. We're getting to the point to when I leave, he doesn't cry. Plus, everyone loves him :)