Ok, my kids have both gotten their first taste of getting sick at school. Colton had some 24 bug that caused him to have a 1o3.8 fever just out of the blue. Cassidy had congestion, which I had attributed to allergies since mine were acting up. But now, it has gone from a virus to strep throat. I have people telling me left and right to take the kids out of school. keep them in.
When I worked full time, I was sick more than the kids. Cassidy starts kindergarten next year. I can't pull her out because she gets sick. (Well, I could because Kindergarten is not mandatory in Texas), but that's beside the point. She loves going to school, and I can't keep them in the house 24/7. I hate seeing them sick, but they both love going to school. What to do?
5 comments:
you better not be sending sick kiddos to school! you don't want them getting other kids sick too! hope they get to feeling better soon though!
Uh, yeah, have to agree with this. You CANNOT send your kids to school sick! How do you think the swine flu is spreading so rapidly? Plus, you don't want them catching something else on top of what they have (i.e. strep throat and the flu... dangerous combo)
I'm not sending them sick. I'm conflicted on pulling them from school
In my opinion if you pull them from school you're just postponing them getting sick. They'll probably get sick less often as the school year goes on because they'll be building up immunity.
What? You have people telling you to pull them out of school entirely? That's no good. I'd keep them home until they get better and send them right back. School is good for them even if they do get sick once in awhile!
Post a Comment